Currently Open Vacancies
Associate/ Assistant Concertmaster
Assistant Principal 2nd. Violin
Principal/ Assistant Principal Oboe
Assistant Principal Clarinet
Assistant Principal/ Section Horn
Associate Principal Trumpet
Principal/ Assistant Principal Trombone
Principal/ Associate Principal Percussion
1. 电话86-20-37583550（周一至周五09:30-12:00, 14:30-17:00）
Applications are accepted from now on.
1. The candidates shall meet the following basic conditions:
(1) Abide by the constitution, the laws and regulations of the People's Republic of China;
(2) Uphold the leadership of the Communist Party of China and the socialist system;
(3) Have good political quality and moral character and strictly abide by professional ethics;
(4) Professional skills required to post conditions;
(5) Have good physical and psychological quality.
2. The candidates shall not have one of the following circumstances:
(1) The judicial procedure has not been concluded due to suspected crime;
(2) Being listed as the object of joint punishment for dishonesty according to law;
(3) Other circumstances not suitable for employment according to laws and regulations.
1. Interested applicants please complete the GSO Employment Application Form which can be downloaded on GSO website: www.gso.org.cn. Prepare the electronic documents including a recent photo, educational qualification, scholarship /award and working certification (if you have).
2. Please send your application form, documents and the video link of your performance to email@example.com. The video should include at least two orchestra excerpts from the GSO website.
3. For applications up to June 23, 2022, candidates who pass the video primary audition will receive the notice of live audition. Audition date will be scheduled on July 7 to July 9, 2022. The candidates who pass the video primary audition will receive the notice of live audition. Audition date will be scheduled due to the orchestra schedule. Audition Location：Guangzhou Symphony Orchestra, No.1 Hai Shan Street, Er Sha Island, Guangzhou. Audition Repertoire：A repertoire of your own choice with reference to the repertoire list officially announced and the orchestral excerpts from the Audition Repertoire list for their respective instruments (See the list of repertoire on GSO website: www.gso.org.cn.).
1. Contact Tel. 86-20-37583550（Monday to Friday 09:30-12:00, 14:30-17:00）
2. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please kindly refer to audition updates on GSO web. GSO Employment Application Form and Audition List download:
Since its founding in 1957, the Guangzhou Symphony Orchestra (GSO) is the first and only Chinese symphony orchestra to have toured and performed on five continents, receiving acclaim as “one of China’s most prestigious music ensembles” (China Daily) and “China’s nexus of musical tradition and innovation” (Financial Times of London). The GSO is also one of the first orchestras in China to institute a professional concert season. The 2021/2022 season marks the GSO’s 25th season. The GSO’s current Music Director is Maestro Long Yu.
The GSO was sent on numerous tours by the Ministry of Culture and the Guangdong Provincial Government, performing at internationally renowned venues all over the world. In 2006, the GSO was invited to perform in both the opening and closing ceremonies of the 15th Asian Games in Doha, Qatar. The orchestra has also appeared more than 20 times at the Hong Kong Arts Festival, Macao Arts Festival and Macao International Music Festival. In 2012, the GSO made its Taiwan debut. In 2017, the GSO made its sixth European tour, visiting London, Manchester and Birmingham on the occasion of the 45th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between China and the United Kingdom, where it was headlined in The Guardian as a “highly accomplished band.” In 2019, the GSO was invited to take part in the “Winter in Tantora” Festival, becoming the first Chinese orchestra to perform in Saudi Arabia. Later that month, the GSO embarked on its seventh European tour. The orchestra not only fulfills its role as cultural ambassador abroad, but also promotes meaningful exchange within the Pearl River Delta region and across the Taiwan Straits.
The GSO has also diversified its mission and programs in the past decade. Between 2005 and 2007, the orchestra organized the Canton International Summer Music Academy with Maestro Charles Dutoit as music director. The GSO hosted the Canton Asian Music Festival, held at the Xinghai Concert Hall, in November 2010 on the occasion of the 16th Asian Games. The GSO has also collaborated with the world’s leading ballet and opera companies, appearing both in the pit and in concert renditions. In December 2011, the GSO established its affiliate youth orchestra, later renamed the Guangzhou Symphony Youth Orchestra (August 2016), the first amateur youth orchestra administered by a professional orchestra in China. In January 2017, with GSO Music Director Long Yu leading its Artistic Committee and Yo-Yo Ma as Artistic Director, Youth Music Culture Guangdong (YMCG) was launched, immediately garnering acclaim for “opening a new page in the Chinese symphonic world.”